Premature Ovarian Failure (POF), when a woman’s ovaries stop working before the age of 40, can be a life-changing diagnosis for any woman. Former plans of children can suddenly be cut short, in addition to a woman dealing with symptoms of menopause. Many women find themselves re-examining their lives or battling depression.
A study published by Fertility & Sterility (March 2007) examined the functional and spiritual well-being of women with POF (average age of 28). The study found a positive correlation between spiritual well-being and functional well-being. More specifically, they found that women who had higher levels of “meaning” or “inner peace” were more likely to function better in their lives. The study suggests that improving spiritual well-being may be an effective therapeutic approach to reducing “the emotional suffering that accompanies the life-altering diagnosis of POF.”
If you have been diagnosed with POF, you may find it beneficial to take some time to examine your personal life. Even if you do not subscribe to any religion or spiritual belief, you can still benefit from examining what gives you “meaning” in life and what brings you peace. Have patience with yourself, as answers to spiritually deep questions are not always easily unearthed. You may find assistance by becoming more active in your church, reading a book designed to help you discover your inner self, speaking with a psychologist, or taking time to meditate each day.
Learn more about treating female infertility and premature ovarian failure naturally.
- Book Chapters: Overcome Infertility and Pain, Naturally
- How to Treat Infertility Naturally
- Everything about the Best Natural Infertility Treatments
- Fertility Treatment – The Natural Way
- Infertility Risk Factors
- What Causes Infertility in Women? (Infographic)
- [Infographic] Common Risk Factors for Infertility
- How Does Tubal Surgery Compare to Other Infertility Treatments?
- Published Pregnancy Rates With and Without Clear Passage®
- Budgets and Numbers and Bills, Oh My! – Paying for Infertility Treatment
- English Surrogacy
- Guide Through Infertility: From Diagnosis to Treatment
- Spirituality Can Help Women with Premature Ovarian Failure
- For Healthcare Providers: Women’s Health Issues and Female Infertility
If you’d like a free consult, please take 20 minutes and fill out this form and we can determine if therapy would be a good fit for you.